Vacancy Process Engineer
Are you the one strengthening our team with you experience in process technology or a related field? Send your cv and motivation to us or contact Marcel van Eijk for more information.
The National Test centre for Circular Plastics (NTCP) is a young and dynamic applied test and research organisation to develop the new forms of plastic sorting and recycling from (municipal) packaging waste to make the circular economy successful and valuable. In the centre a fully customizable industrial sorting line is available to develop new plastic recycling strategies. We do this by facilitating the design process (support design for recyclability), technology development (real-life testing of the process) and the development of data-driven decision models for sorting. Currently we are realizing a fully modular plastic recycling line. With this we cover the complete chain from dumpster truck to extruder or chemical reactor. Our colourful new building is already a landmark in Heerenveen (The Netherlands).
Our test & research centre has a strong network of waste management companies, FMCG brand owners, universities, sustainability NGOs, chemical industry, and local authorities with whom we develop plastic sorting and pre-treatment for plastic recycling together.
A combination of industry standard pilot facilities, experimental setups, a small laboratory, and an artificial intelligence platform with a variety of (vision) sensors is our key to success. To use these facilities to the fullest, we are strengthening our team with one or more
As Research Engineer you will be working in a small team of experts at our unique facilities in Heerenveen.
- Design and perform soring and pre-treatment trials
- Operate all pilot and experimental facilities for test and R&D purposes
- Take ownership of certain equipment
- Propose and realize technical improvements to further develop sorting, washing and other processes in plastic recycling
- Report research results to our team and our customers
- Guide and coordinate operators during trials
- University (of Applied Sciences) degree in chemical or process technology, mechanical engineering, industrial design, materials science, or another relevant field with an interest in the circular economy
- Interest in or affinity with research
- Experience in industrial processes & analysis
- Hands-on approach and interested in working in an experimental testing facility
- Creative and confident in facing challenges
- Good presenting and reporting skills, fluent in English; Dutch is a pro
- Legally authorised to work in The Netherlands
We offer you the opportunity to work in an innovative and creative environment in an area that matters and creates impact on the circular use of resources. The start-up atmosphere of NTCP also gives you the opportunity to contribute to the technological directions of NTCP.
You will join a team of well-motivated colleagues and will have a lot of international contacts. Of course, our employment conditions are competitive.
Does this job sound right for you and do you meet the above requirements, then apply with your CV and motivation letter by email to Martine Brandsma, Director NTCP (email@example.com). We only take applications in consideration that are written in English or Dutch. You can contact Marcel van Eijk, R&D Manager NTCP (firstname.lastname@example.org), for more information.